Our wonderful and long-term business sponsor, Guzman y Gomez (GYG) are going all out this year to help raise much needed funds for Misión México and all our niños.
An online silent auction has been launched for Mexican Independence Day and will run until 22 October 2015. You have the chance to fund a need for one of our kids or bid on a number of once in a lifetime experiences.
Head to www.galabid.com/mexico to make your bid!
Auction items include:
- 2 hour Jam with The Madden Brothers Joel and Benji Madden in their LA studio for 4 people.
- 2016 Toyotal AFL Grand Final experience for 4 people.
- Surfing experience with Joel Parkinson, plus breakfast and a signed surfboard.
- Tennis session with Pat Rafter for 2 people.
- A cricket experience in the Channel 9 commentary box at the Sydney Cricket Ground for 4 people.
- Lunch or dinner with former NRL stars Andrew “Joey” Johns and Matty Johns, and Ben Kenedy for 5 people.
- 2 hour mentoring session with Steven Marks, founder of Guzman y Gomez(GYG).
From all of us at Misión México x
Please join us at the Catrina Festival in Melbourne on Saturday 1 November to celebrate Day Of the Dead like never before! Live music, film and authentic Mexican food and drinks! Get your face painted and raise money for for our kids!
“Long live the dead!? Catrina said. During this unique evening local artists will build an altar structure to honour the departed, aiming to bring their memory back to life.
Get involved and honour the dead with us. Enjoy the altar exhibition and vote for your favourite one!
Free entry from 17:00 – 18:30; Ticketed event starts 19:00
Welcome to our latest news update – These past seven months have been a huge challenge. At Misión México you often hear: ‘There is never a dull moment!’ How true this is! There is always something going on, with some or other problem to address.
We are very excited however about one particular dream that is coming true, Misión Surf!
With so much else going on, that is, with the children, schools, additional classes, meetings, administration, etc, life can be very exhausting, difficult, demanding and incredibly stressful, but on the other hand, there have been some wonderfully exciting, stimulating and thought provoking moments.
With every challenge there is an opportunity to learn something; an opportunity to grow, therefore that is something that we are thankful for.
Read all our news here and get in touch if you can help support or volunteer with us!
Muchas gracias, Pam and Alan